Sunday, December 18, 2011

Good Buy : GO Mozzarella Cheese


I visited the SPAR Hypermarket located on Inner Ring Road, Koramangala, Bangalore today and grabbed a packet of GO Mozzarella Cheese - shredded and ready to use. This product rated at Rs 70, to be used in a time span of three months, provides really light and stringy cheese, apt as a topping for delectable pizzas. Once opened the cheese in shredded form has to be consumed within 7 days. I picked up the "Pizza Italiano" option (as shown in the picture above) , there are many other varieties too - Mexican style shredded cheese, Italian Pasta style shredded cheese and Natural Shredded variety. The zip pouch packaged cheese comes with a mini recipe booklet. I made Pizza at home using this cheese and I must say this mozzarella cheese was stringy; definitely the best, in my opinion, of all options available in Bangalore. There are many imported varieties of this cheese but they are hefty costly. Also one never knows how old these imported stuff actually are, pretty risky to play with an expired dairy product.

I fetched some parsley, capsicum and wheat pizza base from the stores. At home, I brushed the wheat pizza base with some olive oil, dabbed some tomato sauce on it (no special sauce for this -mixed little oregano into our dear Maggi Tomato sauce and done with it), heaped lots of veggies like sliced onions, tomatoes, capsicums, finely chopped parsley and green chillies (for that extra spice) and sprinkled the "ready to use, shredded" cheese. The quantity of cheese used per pizza might appear tad less, but that's precisely the way I like it. I baked the pizza in Microwave plus Convection mode till the veggies were baked and all of cheese melted well.

Here are some more pics of the work slab in my kitchen and the final dish (after a drizzle of mixed Italian herbs on them when out of the oven) -




No comments:

Post a Comment