Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas time .. Cake time :)

Ok ... so the year 2011 is coming to a quick end. Days are getting colder and shorter. With the mercury dipping outside, isn't the time perfect to heat the oven inside home to high and higher temperatures and bake something special? 

On Friday evening, I was browsing through updates on blogs I follow and I landed at the recipe of Carrot and Walnut cake - http://www.padhuskitchen.com/2011/12/carrot-cake-recipe-how-to-make-carrot.html 

Very simple recipe, easy to follow and the result is an awesome cake with an even more awesome aroma :) 
I will surely keep baking this many times over. Thanks a lot Padhu :) for sharing this recipe with one and all. 

I halved the ingredients mentioned in the parent recipe as I was planning to bake a smaller cake in a 6' round tin. I omitted salt addition. For the 1/2 cup vegetable oil I was to use (ingredient after halving) - I used 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1/4 cup milk instead. These are the only revisions I made to the recipe. 

Here are some pictures of this very delectable cake - 




The sweet carrots, nutty walnuts and aromatic cinnamon went in together well and provided this little dense, and tasty cake. The second picture might reveal some grated carrot pieces and nuts on careful observation. 

I had to take the pictures really quick because the digging and devoring process went on too fast. 
I wholeheartedly thank Padhu for providing me this wonderful recipe and making my kitchen smell sweet on Saturday :) 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked it Divya and thanks for your nice words .I feel so happy

    ReplyDelete